Noun(1) a lofty level or position or degree(2) an air mass of higher than normal pressure(3) a state of sustained elation(4) a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics(5) a high place(6) a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12(7) a forward gear with a gear ratio that gives the greatest vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
Adjective(1) greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount(2) (literal meaning, sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high'(3) standing above others in quality or position(4) used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency(5) happy and excited and energetic(6) (used of the smell of meat(7) slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana
Adverb(1) at a great altitude(2) in or to a high position, amount, or degree(3) in a rich manner(4) far up toward the source
(1) It's the one thing that will keep you going when that mountain seems just too high to climb.(2) The firm says demand for industrial property from purchasers in the West Yorkshire area is high .(3) We have many women in high positions in the Church especially working in parishes.(4) I didn't get a hint of back-ache from the driving seat, or from pulling gear in and out of the high luggage area.(5) In the centre of the 10 km deep crater is a mountain almost as high as Mount Everest.(6) that cheese smells a little high(7) The fact that Britain's No 2 has a ferocious serve and a high opinion of his own abilities only makes matters worse.(8) This species ranged the high grasslands of western North America from Alaska to Mexico, while a lighter-built species (Arctodus pristinus) with smaller teeth inhabited the more heavily wooded Atlantic coastal region.(9) He had dark red hair and rather elven looking features - high cheekbones, sharp chin.(10) On the west side of the rock is a vertical wall about 8m high , covered in white and orange anemones.(11) Equally, the proportion undertaking further study is at a record high .(12) She grew up on the North Shore, and met Billy Davie when she was still in junior high .(13) Elsie was a petite woman with thick waves of dark hair and a high forehead.(14) The new Millennium wing at the National Gallery represents the marriage of high ideals and fine art.(15) he has a high position in the company(16) he was a man of high principles
(1) high school :: בית ספר תיכון
(2) high heels :: עקבים גבוהים
(3) high performance :: ביצועים גבוהים
(4) high blood pressure :: לחץ דם גבוה
(5) high-tech :: היי טק
(6) fly high :: לעוף גבוה
(7) junior high school :: חטיבת ביניים
1. tall ::
2. high-ranking ::
3. high-minded ::
4. inflated ::
5. strong ::
6. luxurious ::
7. favorable ::
8. high-pitched ::
9. intoxicated ::
10. elevated in ::
11. in high spirits ::
במצב רוח טוב
12. gamy ::
13. eminent ::
14. mellow ::
15. at great height ::
16. richly ::
20. high gear ::
21. high school ::
בית ספר תיכון
1. low ::
2. short ::
3. squat ::
high, higher, highers, highest, highs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
l see they can't outright
kill me, but they don't
want me getting HIGH.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
Yeah. It was fun.
It kind of reminded me of my HIGH school.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
Okay, your HIGH school years
were a little rough.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
...HIGH above the metropolis.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
You gave the High Sparrow an army.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
English to Hebrew Dictionary: high
Meaning and definitions of high, translation in Hebrew
language for high with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of high in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'high'
What high means in Hebrew, high meaning
in Hebrew, high
definition, examples and pronunciation
of high in Hebrew language.