מְפוּרסָם, נוֹדָע, מְצוּיָן, נוֹדָע לִתְהִילָה
Adjective(1) widely known and esteemed
(1) Pitcairners are famous for the culture of silence that pervades their small society.(2) The city is a World Heritage Site and is famous for its classical music, beer and marzipan.(3) Belgium is rightly famous for its blond beers, and you'll find a bar on every street corner.(4) My father is famous for these kind of faux pas, partly because he is very deaf.(5) They reassembled the beautiful buildings that this city had once been famous for.(6) Frida Kahlo is an icon who is arguably more famous for her image than for her work.(7) The Sea of Cortez is famous for whales, which come to bear their young in January.(8) her most famous book(9) he's internationally famous(10) they claimed a famous victory(11) There's a wide variety of stalls but Yarmouth market is famous for its chip stalls.(12) How about a break in Chicago, the city famous for its jazz and blues music and its great shopping?(13) The Irish actor was as famous for his varied movie roles as his drinking and womanising.(14) Klose is famous for his heading ability but this was his first for Germany for three years.(15) The Marx Brothers were famous for refusing to stick to the script of their stage shows.(16) Aoka is famous for the edicts he ordered to be carved on rocks and pillars throughout his kingdom.
(1) famous for :: מפורסם
(2) the most famous :: הכי מפורסם
(3) be famous :: להיות מפורסם
(4) famous person :: אדם מפורסם
(5) world famous :: מפורסם בעולם
(6) become famous :: להיות מפורסם
(7) be famous for :: להיות מפורסם בשל
(8) very famous :: מפורסם מאוד
(9) not famous :: לא מפורסם
(10) famous brand :: מותג מפורסם
2. prominent ::
3. famed ::
4. popular ::
5. renowned ::
6. noted ::
7. eminent ::
8. distinguished ::
10. celebrated ::
12. of distinction ::
13. of repute ::
14. illustrious ::
15. acclaimed ::
16. great ::
17. legendary ::
20. notorious ::
21. infamous ::
1. anonymous ::
2. nameless ::
3. obscure ::
4. unknown ::
5. unsung ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You'll be the richest man in Lys,
and the most FAMOUS.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
You used to be FAMOUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
If it did, I'd be FAMOUS.
I'd be on the cover of magazines.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Or maybe people just
love to over-praise a FAMOUS name.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Oh, no, no.
They're from many FAMOUS people.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
English to Hebrew Dictionary: famous
Meaning and definitions of famous, translation in Hebrew language for famous with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of famous in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "famous"
What famous means in Hebrew, famous meaning
in Hebrew, famous definition, examples and pronunciation
of famous in Hebrew language.