Noun(1) a quantity of no importance(2) a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number(3) the point on a scale from which positive or negative numerical quantities can be measured(4) the sight setting that will cause a projectile to hit the center of the target with no wind blowing
Verb(1) adjust (an instrument or device(2) adjust (as by firing under test conditions, a gun
Adjective(1) indicating the absence of any or all units under consideration(2) having no measurable or otherwise determinable value(3) indicating an initial point or origin(4) of or relating to the null set (a set with no members
(1) In Winnipeg, the temperature fell to zero degrees Celsius, breaking the previous record of 0.6 C set in 1895.(2) MRI scanners use magnetic fields which need helium gas to keep them to almost absolutely zero temperatures.(3) Anxious villagers claim drivers diced with death when a flood-hit road turned into an ├ö├ç├┐ice rink├ö├ç├û as temperatures fell below zero .(4) Roads and footpaths became skating rinks yesterday as temperatures dipped below zero - again.(5) In health, however, health levels would not be zero if there were no health expenditures that is, no health systems.(6) A blast of Arctic weather is expected to hit Scotland later today sending temperatures well below zero and causing road chaos.(7) Even with market interest rates at zero , few in Japan want to borrow or invest.(8) Last night our temp dropped to 11 Celsius below zero , it's sure nice to have warm gear.(9) her husband is an absolute zero(10) The vote has been re-opened with the figures reset to zero .(11) a zero rate of interest(12) Generally speaking, the closer the figure is to zero , the more closely the fund replicates the index.(13) In these places areal strain rates are nearly zero or negative.(14) He may not understand how to add or subtract zero as a quantity, she added.(15) The chances of that happening are pretty slim, but IIB Bank chief economist Austin Hughes believes there is more than a zero chance of the euro being dumped.(16) Even radiation will have settled down into the rightly so - called background radiation corresponding to nearly zero temperature.
(1) below zero :: מתחת לאפס
(2) ground zero :: מקום נפילת מגדלי התאומים
(3) zero gravity :: אפס כבידה
(4) zero tolerance :: אפס סובלנות
(5) sub-zero :: מתחת לאפס
(6) absolute zero :: אפס מוחלט
(7) zero in :: אפס ב
(8) zero point :: נקודת אפס
(9) zero conditional :: ללא תנאים
(10) above zero :: מעל אפס
2. nothing ::
3. nothing at all ::
4. nil ::
5. none ::
7. zilch ::
8. nix ::
9. zip ::
10. nada ::
11. diddly-squat ::
12. zero in ::
1. eminence ::
2. figure ::
3. magnate ::
4. personage ::
5. somebody ::
nonzero, zero, zeroed, zeroes, zeroing, zeros, zeroth
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
...that spot at the moment I first sat on it
would be ZERO, ZERO, ZERO, ZERO.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
Multiplied by a matrix
of negative I comma ZERO...
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
Zero. Zip. Nothing.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Careful, Leonard. Liquid nitrogen,
320 degrees below ZERO.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Hebrew Dictionary: zero
Meaning and definitions of zero, translation in Hebrew language for zero with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of zero in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "zero"
What zero means in Hebrew, zero meaning
in Hebrew, zero definition, examples and pronunciation
of zero in Hebrew language.