Noun(1) a game played with rackets by two or four players who hit a ball back and forth over a net that divides the court
(1) Her father had never played tennis but had been impressed by Boris Becker on television.(2) She fits in a gentle game of tennis every week.(3) For so long tennis was a sport that only mattered for a couple of weeks every year.(4) We don't play tennis at school much these days.(5) At one stage he thought he might give up tennis and take up football instead.(6) It's a wonder he managed to concentrate on any tennis with so many other things on his mind.(7) His tennis is so good that no-one can touch him.(8) a game of tennis(9) Getting the ball over the net is important in tennis .(10) He was a great lover of country life and enjoyed tennis and golf.(11) He prides himself on being in shape, playing tennis and running on the treadmill to keep fit.(12) they play tennis(13) She has the best backhand in tennis , of both men or women.(14) After a short break, I was playing tennis again.(15) Once upon a time, any old canvas plimsoll would do for a spot of tennis or a jog around the park.(16) It was not creative tennis but it was enthralling nonetheless.
(1) tennis court :: מגרש טניס
(2) table tennis :: טניס שולחן
(3) tennis shoes :: נעלי טניס
(4) play tennis :: לשחק טניס
(5) tennis shoe :: נעל טניס
(6) tennis racket :: מחבט טניס
(7) tennis match :: משחק טניס
(8) tennis racquet :: מחבט טניס
(9) tennis elbow :: מרפק טניס
(10) lawn tennis :: טניס דשא
1. lawn tennis ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
One of the TENNIS balls
came off his walker
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
Could put a TENNIS ball
on the end of Excalibur.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
You are the menace of table TENNIS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
They don't hang out with Kuna Indians
or play beach TENNIS every day.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
Or if not him, Egyptian
table TENNIS silver medalist
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
English to Hebrew Dictionary: tennis
Meaning and definitions of tennis, translation in Hebrew language for tennis with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tennis in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tennis"
What tennis means in Hebrew, tennis meaning in Hebrew, tennis definition, examples and pronunciation of tennis in Hebrew language.