מַקֵל, קָנֶה, עָנָף, מַטֶה, מַקוֹשׁ, חוּטרָא, שֶׁבֶט, אָדָם מְשַׁעֲמֵםלִדבּוֹק, לִתְקוֹעַ, לִנְעוֹץ, לְהַדבִּיק, לִדקוֹר, לִסְבּוֹל
- מקללא דביקבדביקותדִבּוּקמקלות
Noun(1) an implement consisting of a length of wood(2) a small thin branch of a tree(3) a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane(4) a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine(5) informal terms for the leg(6) a long implement (usually made of wood(7) a long thin implement resembling a length of wood(8) marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking(9) threat of a penalty
Verb(1) put, fix, force, or implant(2) stay put (in a certain place(3) stick to firmly(4) be or become fixed(5) endure(6) be a devoted follower or supporter(7) be loyal to(8) cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface(9) fasten with an adhesive material like glue(10) fasten with or as with pins or nails(11) fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something(12) pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument(13) pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed(14) come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation(15) saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous(16) be a mystery or bewildering to
(1) City councillors take a lot of stick over their transport policy.(2) Then, as the circle of guards got tighter, she realized there was a six-foot long, wood stick lying on the ground, halfway buried in the dirt.(3) You must have got some stick from team-mates during your playing days?(4) the authorities couldn't make the charges stick(5) Nobody should be hit in the head with a puck coming off the stick of someone at 100 + mph without a helmet.(6) If history is any guide a lot of this diplomacy was doubtless clumsily done, in alternations between proffers of carrots and threats of the stick .(7) Imagine being able to land a jumbo jet without ever taking control of the stick .(8) Finally you are putting into this mix a whole stick of reduction butter.(9) Despite lengthy investigations, neither charge was made to stick , although he was reproached by the chairmen of both inquiries.(10) I felt the urge to stick my tongue out behind their backs but I stopped myself.(11) just stick that sandwich on my desk(12) If car makers don't agree to move quickly, Kerry could pull out the stick : the threat of higher fuel-economy standards.(13) The charges against him won't stick , but the chilling effect it will have on other researchers will.(14) stick the balls of wool on knitting needles(15) They stood it upright with the help of some remnant pieces of wood, took a stick from the bonfire and lit the fuse before standing back and covering their ears.(16) I hesitated only long enough to grab an incense stick and lighter, and was outside in a minute.
(1) walking stick :: מקל הליכה
(2) stick to :: לדבוק ב
(3) stick out :: לִבלוֹט
(4) memory stick :: כרטיס זכרון
(5) stick around :: הישאר באזור
(6) stick together :: להישאר ביחד
(7) stick with :: להישאר עם
(8) to stick :: להיצמד
(9) cinnamon stick :: מקל קינמון
1. piece of wood ::
2. walking stick ::
3. cane ::
4. club ::
5. reefer ::
6. peg ::
7. joystick ::
8. thrust ::
9. pierce ::
10. adhere ::
11. affix ::
12. become trapped ::
13. remain ::
14. be upheld ::
16. nonplus ::
17. lodge ::
18. stick by ::
19. bond ::
20. sting ::
21. stick around ::
nonstick, stick, stickily, sticking, sticks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know he tried to STICK his tongue
down my throat and I broke his nose?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
Lady Reed here's got a
STICK so far up her ass,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
every day of my life
since I could hold a STICK.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Well, STICK to your guns.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
sounds like he's manipulating you
to STICK around.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
English to Hebrew Dictionary: stick
Meaning and definitions of stick, translation in Hebrew language for stick with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stick in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stick"
What stick means in Hebrew, stick meaning in Hebrew, stick definition, examples and pronunciation of stick in Hebrew language.