דָרְבָּן, מַסְמֵר, קוֹץ, יָתֵד, חוֹד, חַדוּד, שִׁבּוֹלֶת, עֲלִיַת מֶתַח פִּתאוֹמִיתלִתְקוֹעַ יָתֵד, לְנַקֵב בְּמַסְמֵר, לְסַמְרֵר, לְסַכֵּל, לְהוֹסִיף אַלכֹּהוֹל
- דָרְבָּןמְמוּסמָרקוציםעם העליה
Noun(1) a transient variation in voltage or current(2) sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes(3) fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn(4) (botany(5) a sharp rise followed by a sharp decline(6) a very high narrow heel on women's shoes(7) each of the sharp points on the soles of athletic shoes to prevent slipping (or the shoes themselves(8) a sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall (or a dinosaur(9) a long, thin sharp-pointed implement (wood or metal(10) any holding device consisting of a rigid, sharp-pointed object(11) a large stout nail
Verb(1) stand in the way of(2) pierce with a sharp stake or point(3) secure with spikes(4) bring forth a spike or spikes(5) add alcohol to (beverages(6) manifest a sharp increase
(1) oil prices would spike and fall again(2) Sometimes, a mere shut down of power or an electrical surge that emits a strong voltage spike can even destroy highly sophisticated RAID storage systems.(3) A trainee doctor was admitted to the hospital where he works after impaling his leg on a metal spike .(4) Most people think about energy only when gas prices spike or when heating oil is in short supply.(5) Make a note of such spots and on a dry day go out with a garden fork and spike the areas by pushing into the lawn to a depth of about 15 cm and rocking gently back and forth before pulling out the fork.(6) The chokepoint is patrolled 24 hours a day by armed guards, resulting in lower local crime but a sharp spike in vehicle traffic.(7) There's no way to pick and choose which gets cut off when demand surges, prices spike , and supply gets tight.(8) Not only can a low-quality power supply cause instability, it can cause damage to components over time, namely hard drives, which can be killed by a severe voltage spike .(9) Childhood obesity has tripled over the past 20 years, a significant spike in a relatively short time, he says.(10) Gradually, the glowing red material is hammered into an elegant spike .(11) If, like mine, your lawn has soggy, poorly draining patches, spike it with a garden fork at six inch intervals.(12) Following the spike , the energy level rapidly decreases and reaches a low point barely 2 hours after eating.(13) Experts say, while it's unusual for prices to spike this early in the year, fuel refineries processing less oil is creating more problems.(14) We are currently getting an enormous boost from increased military spending, tax cuts and a temporary spike in mortgage activity for new homes and refinancing.(15) Amid reports that the Department of Justice may spike the proposed merger, it is set to name two veterans to head its marketing forces.(16) First, all sales and excise taxes feed directly into official consumer price indexes, so such increases create a sharp inflation spike .
(1) spike heels :: נעלי עקב גבוהות
(2) spike strip :: רצועת ספייק
(3) spike heel :: עָקֵב סִיכָּה
1. prong ::
2. thorn ::
3. spindle ::
4. ear ::
5. spike heel ::
6. impale ::
7. adulterate ::
8. fortify ::
spike, spiked, spikes, spiking
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You'd have to drive a railroad SPIKE into
his brain for me to beat him at checkers.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
She won't rest until my head's on a SPIKE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
I could have that head on a SPIKE by now.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
They'll mount her pretty little head on a SPIKE
right beside yours.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
on a SPIKE just like my father's.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
English to Hebrew Dictionary: spike
Meaning and definitions of spike, translation in Hebrew language for spike with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of spike in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "spike"
What spike means in Hebrew, spike meaning
in Hebrew, spike definition, examples and pronunciation
of spike in Hebrew language.