לוֹחֶם, חַיָל, אִישׁ חַיִל, קַלגַסלְשָׁרֵת כְּחַיָל
Noun(1) an enlisted man or woman who serves in an army(2) a wingless sterile ant or termite having a large head and powerful jaws adapted for defending the colony
Verb(1) serve as a soldier in the military
(1) She had told me he was the model for ├ö├ç├┐The Digger,├ö├ç├û a bronze bust of a soldier at the Australian War Memorial.(2) Mike Minton, a 37-year-old engineer, has calculated that the ideal width for a toast soldier should be 22 mm.(3) Keitel, a professional soldier , served as an artillery officer on the Western Front during the First World War and then as a staff officer.(4) When a soldier has to serve in a dependent-restricted area, he must be confident that his family is well cared for back home.(5) Mr. Johnston explained that the detail below the red line remained the same except for Helifix anchors that were put in just above the soldier course of bricks.(6) A graduate of West Point and a career soldier , he served in combat units in Europe in World War II and in Korea during the Korean War.(7) There are more options with soldier courses, rowlocks, headers, bonds, etc. in their final form in the wall.(8) Before visiting a regiment he would call the colonel aside and ask for the name of a soldier who had served well in previous campaigns, but who had not been given the credit he deserved.(9) He thus avoided serving as a soldier , or ├ö├ç├┐cannon fodder,├ö├ç├û as he would later put it.(10) But by far the most important question to be settled this week was exactly how wide should a toast soldier be?(11) As an enlisted soldier , he served in every leadership position up to the position of First Sergeant.(12) He told me personally that when they were soldiering in the northwest, some families had only one pair of pants.(13) A common soldier from a state that never seceded, Green was a volunteer.(14) Historians have for years analyzed the social aspects of the Civil War and the common soldiers who fought it.(15) As the army transforms, one thing is for certain - soldiers and soldiering remain our primary focus.(16) He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin.
(1) toy soldier :: חייל צעצוע
(2) soldier of fortune :: שכיר חרב
(3) foot soldier :: חייל רגלי
(4) soldier on :: חייל על
(5) unknown soldier :: חייל לא ידוע
(6) tin soldier :: חייל בדיל
(7) brave soldier :: חייל אמיץ
(8) common soldier :: חייל פשוט
(9) be a soldier :: להיות חייל
(10) old soldier :: חייל זקן
1. fighter ::
2. trooper ::
3. serviceman ::
4. servicewoman ::
5. warrior ::
8. man-at-arms ::
1. civilian ::
soldier, soldiered, soldiering, soldierly, soldiers, soldiery
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Fine SOLDIER, your father.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
-SOLDIER 2: Yeah.
-(SOLDIER 3 SCOFFS)
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
I used to ride everywhere,
not march around like a common foot SOLDIER
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
I was a SOLDIER once.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
Fighting in a war makes you a SOLDIER.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
English to Hebrew Dictionary: soldier
Meaning and definitions of soldier, translation in Hebrew language for soldier with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of soldier in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "soldier"
What soldier means in Hebrew, soldier meaning in Hebrew, soldier definition, examples and pronunciation of soldier in Hebrew language.