שֶׁלֶד, שִׁלדָה, מִסגֶרֶת
Noun(1) something reduced to its minimal form(2) a scandal that is kept secret(3) the hard structure (bones and cartilages(4) the internal supporting structure that gives an artifact its shape
(1) Operations are still being run by a skeleton staff of six, but many other employees have already found new jobs with the support of Appleby Heritage Centre.(2) the human skeleton(3) Five landfill sites will be open, but with skeleton staff only.(4) Many schools in major centres were either closed, virtually deserted or operating on skeleton staff.(5) The next man seemed to be a skeleton , and his voice was just as thin.(6) The service never shuts down, and even on Christmas Day a skeleton staff is on duty.(7) This fish has a skeleton partly of bone and partly of cartilage.(8) The US company seems to have a skeleton staff at the moment.(9) Years ago we realized that if we combined all our accidents, there was hardly a bone in the human skeleton we hadn't broken.(10) If a strike had gone ahead, the action would have left the city with only a skeleton bus service operating from three of York's Park & Ride sites today.(11) Despite the apparent differences produced by an internal versus an external skeleton , the control problems faced by the two groups are formally the same.(12) The studio was made with a skeleton of built-up wood frames within a skin of galvanized metal.(13) At about thirty years of age, the human skeleton is as heavy and strong as it will ever get.(14) The State Department was operating a skeleton staff.(15) Non-essential High Commission workers are leaving, with just a skeleton staff of 40 left to man Britain's biggest overseas mission.(16) Many elderly parents will have to struggle to care for their severely disabled adult children at home while the residential centres operate on a skeleton service.
(1) skeleton crew :: צֶוֶת מִינִימָלִי
(2) appendicular skeleton :: שלד תוספים
(3) axial skeleton :: שלד צירי
(4) skeleton staff :: שלד סגל
(5) skeleton at the feast :: שלד בסעודה
2. skin and bone ::
3. framework ::
4. outline ::
6. frame ::
7. underframe ::
8. minimum ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
whose SKELETON sits
on the Iron Throne.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Theon holds the castle with a SKELETON crew.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Skeleton with phosphorous
on a zip line.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
Unless they develop technology
to fuse my SKELETON...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
I assure you a madman
is scarier than a SKELETON.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
English to Hebrew Dictionary: skeleton
Meaning and definitions of skeleton, translation in Hebrew language for skeleton with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of skeleton in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "skeleton"
What skeleton means in Hebrew, skeleton meaning in Hebrew, skeleton definition, examples and pronunciation of skeleton in Hebrew language.