מְשָׁרֵת, עֶבֶד, שַׁמָשׁ
Noun(1) a person working in the service of another (especially in the household(2) in a subordinate position
(1) Because if there is one thing a government servant cannot do, it is look after anything under his charge.(2) The author was one Simon Peter, who referred to himself as a servant and a disciple of Jesus Christ.(3) Financially they were well enough established to be able to employ a domestic servant .(4) He was convicted on three counts of offering advantages to a government servant .(5) The king's servant ran and brought them two goblets filled with wine.(6) a tireless servant of God(7) a government servant(8) My father was a government servant and we were posted in villages and small towns.(9) Anna, her personal servant , had forgotten to fill the pitcher.(10) he was a great servant of the Labour Party(11) He was a great servant of the Conservative Party, a devoted constituency member and a very good friend.(12) The pattern made plain in the Saviour, and then the apostles, is to be followed by all his servants .(13) Hello all righteous servants of the Transport Department on every level!(14) Many urban households with a regular income employ live-in domestic servants , generally young unmarried women from the rural areas.(15) He was afraid of hiring another nursemaid, and mistrusted the household servants .(16) Dehumanising them and creating the impression that they are a minority to be despised is a tactic of extremism and the servants of fascism.
(1) civil servant :: עוֹבֵד מְדִינָה
(2) public servant :: עוֹבֵד מְדִינָה
(3) domestic servant :: משרת - בית
(4) servant girl :: המשרת
(5) master and servant :: אמן משרתו
(6) indentured servant :: צמית
(7) your humble servant :: עַבדְךָ הַנֶאֶמָן
(8) female servant :: משרת
(9) servant-maid :: משרתו-המשרתת
1. attendant ::
2. helper ::
3. retainer ::
4. handmaiden ::
1. master ::
2. mistress ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Even as a SERVANT.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
Lord Varys has proven himself
a loyal SERVANT.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Always acting like
I'm his indentured SERVANT.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
She will make a fine SERVANT
for the Many-Faced God.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
Lord, take your SERVANT Balon back
beneath the waves.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
English to Hebrew Dictionary: servant
Meaning and definitions of servant, translation in Hebrew language for servant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of servant in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "servant"
What servant means in Hebrew, servant meaning in Hebrew, servant definition, examples and pronunciation of servant in Hebrew language.