פְּסִיעָה, נְפִילָה, זֶפֶת, גוֹבַה, מִגבָּה, נְטִיָה, תְקִיעָה, שִׁעוּר, חֲלוּקָה, חֲנָיָה, לָשׁוֹן הַשׁוּקלִנְטוֹת, לְהַשְׁלִיך, לְהַעֲמִיד אוֹהֶל, לִזרוֹק, לְזַפֵּף, לְהִתְנַדְנֵד
- גובה הצלילזָפוּףשרפיםהִתנַדנְדוּת
Noun(1) the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration(2) (baseball(3) a vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk(4) promotion by means of an argument and demonstration(5) degree of deviation from a horizontal plane(6) any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue(7) a sports field with predetermined dimensions for playing soccer(8) a high approach shot in golf(9) an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump(10) abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance(11) the action or manner of throwing something
Verb(1) throw or toss with a light motion(2) move abruptly(3) fall or plunge forward(4) set to a certain pitch(5) sell or offer for sale from place to place(6) be at an angle(7) heel over(8) erect and fasten(9) throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball(10) hit (a golf ball(11) lead (a card(12) set the level or character of
(1) It is a really high roof with an extreme pitch with slippery shingles.(2) Her voice rose steadily in pitch as she withdrew further, back now against a wall.(3) As it dawns, the activities reach a feverish pitch .(4) They change pitch , alter tempo, or otherwise reshape and transform themselves to correspond to the surrounding sounds.(5) Yet no mention was made of the fact that before 1990, Alcoa used a much more dangerous form of coal tar pitch than the paste form now used.(6) The surface of the floodlit, full size, all-weather pitch , will be ├ö├ç├┐field turf├ö├ç├û, which is used on training pitches at Leeds United.(7) the media furore reached such a pitch that the company withdrew the product(8) a football pitch(9) The track surrounding the football pitch is fully floodlit and measures 0.3 of a mile.(10) to pitch sb into sth(11) He is literally on the edge of his seat, silently reciting her pitch , word for word, right along with her.(12) He would pitch the seams so that they wouldn't leak.(13) Lao is a tonal language; therefore, the meaning of a word is determined by the tone or pitch at which it is spoken.(14) But it's the condition of the two main facilities, the sports hall and artificial pitch , that is of most concern.(15) Tom climbed the last pitch , set up his belay and greeted each of us with a triumphal smile as we rounded the summit.(16) Whatever the two captains think, spin is the only answer on this pitch .
(1) pitch in :: כר דשא
(2) pitch a tent :: לֶאֱהוֹל
(3) high pitch :: צליל גבוה
(4) the pitch :: המגרש
(5) sales pitch :: נפילה במכירות
(6) pitch-black :: שחורה כזפת
(7) diametral pitch :: מגרש diametral
(8) pitch angle :: זווית פסיעה
1. tone ::
2. gradient ::
3. level ::
4. throw ::
5. patter ::
6. bitumen ::
7. sales talk ::
8. rake ::
9. tar ::
10. delivery ::
12. throw ::
13. fall ::
15. lurch ::
16. deliver ::
17. slope ::
19. sky ::
20. peddle ::
21. tilt ::
22. shift ::
23. gear ::
pitch, pitched, pitches, pitching
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
[IN HIGH PITCH VOICE]
"You sure are, baby."
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
First Builder, we'll need 100 barrels
of PITCH brought atop the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
Thanks for letting me practice
my sales PITCH on you. I really appreciate it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
Yeah. Or you could PITCH in, grab a nostril
and help me get this face off.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
So today's first PITCH
will be delivered to home plate by science.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
English to Hebrew Dictionary: pitch
Meaning and definitions of pitch, translation in Hebrew language for pitch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pitch in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "pitch"
What pitch means in Hebrew, pitch meaning
in Hebrew, pitch definition, examples and pronunciation
of pitch in Hebrew language.