שְׁלִילִי, מְאוּפָּסשְׁלִילָה, תַשְׁלִיל, נֵגָטִיב
- שליליnegativedבאופן שליליnegativenessתשלילים
Noun(1) a reply of denial(2) a piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
Verb(1) vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent
Adjective(1) characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance; having no positive features(2) expressing or consisting of a negation or refusal or denial(3) having the quality of something harmful or unpleasant(4) not indicating the presence of microorganisms or disease or a specific condition(5) reckoned in a direction opposite to that regarded as positive(6) less than zero(7) designed or tending to discredit, especially without positive or helpful suggestions(8) having a negative charge(9) involving disadvantage or harm, or negative
(1) The negative answer by the jury cannot be supported.(2) These ads and the media coverage of these ads may have a multiplier effect of negative coverage.(3) All electrons are alike: they all carry the same negative charge, and they repel each other.(4) We have been following more on western way of life whose effects have been negative .(5) The general rule is thus that consent may negative assault or battery, but not a more serious offence.(6) She was also asked specifically as to whether or not anyone else stayed in the basement with Orville and responded in the negative .(7) Some bank personnel do not seem to know that it is common courtesy to answer letters, even if the answer is negative .(8) A negative vote in either arena should be sufficient to stop the war; formal authorization in both arenas should be required to go to war.(9) When dry, the photographer contact prints the negative onto the tissue.(10) That's why we had to invent negative integers, to introduce a new set Z for which the statement(11) I nodded at the vague words I captured from her answer as I headed towards the door, only halting when I realised that she had replied in the negative .(12) If this condition is not met, structural compounds are mobilized to maintain a minimum value of respiration which, in the model, is equivalent to a negative growth rate.(13) The only negative is the erratic quality of the food, although Sunday brunch is invariably excellent.(14) These ions usually carry several negative charges, so that potential barrier for them is expected to be very high.(15) Most doctors chose to remove all surrounding lymph nodes instead of running the risk of a false negative .(16) Welding is done with direct current, electrode negative (straight polarity).
(1) negative feedback :: משוב שלילי
(2) positive and negative :: חיובי ושלילי
(3) negative correlation :: מתאם שלילי
(4) negative attitude :: גישה שלילית
(5) negative equity :: הון עצמי שלילי
(6) negative number :: מספר שלילי
(7) negative charge :: מטען שלילי
(8) negative sentence :: משפט שלילי
(9) negative pledge :: שעבוד שלילי
(10) negative reinforcement :: חיזוק שלילי
2. pessimistic ::
3. harmful ::
4. damaging ::
5. electronegative ::
6. minus ::
8. veto ::
1. friendly ::
2. hospitable ::
3. sympathetic ::
negative, negatived, negatively, negativeness, negatives, negativing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
on the NEGATIVE.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Don't feel bad, Leonard.
Negative results are still results.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
All right. Start it up.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
- What are negs?
- A neg is a NEGATIVE compliment...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
That's a NEGATIVE.
My mother had me tested. Over.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
English to Hebrew Dictionary: negative
Meaning and definitions of negative, translation in Hebrew language for negative with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of negative in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "negative"
What negative means in Hebrew, negative meaning in Hebrew, negative definition, examples and pronunciation of negative in Hebrew language.