Noun(1) a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War(2) any federal law-enforcement officer
Adjective(1) national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units(2) of or relating to the central government of a federation(3) being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War(4) characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
(1) Funding for the programs is shared between the federal government and the states.(2) At present, however, the federal government has no power to deploy troops unilaterally.(3) Many of these training programmes are provided free of charge by state and federal government agencies.(4) Drinking alcohol is theoretically illegal in India under the terms of the federal constitution.(5) Although the federal government has not challenged the ruling, it has failed to comply with it.(6) That said, the funds are unlikely to approach the level of transfers found in traditional federal systems.(7) Guinn's concerns have been supported by data collected by the federal government itself.(8) The fact that a matter might or might not give rise to a claim under federal jurisdiction does not constitute it as a claim.(9) This figure is nearly four times the number that the federal government admits.(10) The federal agency is best known for guiding judges to set consistent prison terms.(11) The prisons retain a federal connection to the central administration in Moscow.(12) Do you mean, what about regional devolution like that which might occur under a federal European government?(13) Because of the mix of state and federal responsibilities the politics of obesity are complex indeed.(14) The takeover of all branches of the federal government by the extreme right is now virtually complete.(15) It is a federal responsibility and for the States to intrude in a general way makes for uncertainty.(16) The Justice Department, an arm of the federal government, is now enforcing religious doctrine.
(1) federal government :: ממשל פדרלי
(2) federal law :: חוק פדרלי
(3) federal funds :: כספים פדרליים
(4) federal court :: בית משפט פדרלי
(5) federal state :: מדינה פדרלית
(6) federal budget :: תקציב פדרלי
(7) federal agency :: סוכנות פדרלית
(8) federal republic :: הרפובליקה הפדרלית
(9) federal employee :: עובד פדרלי
(10) federal grants :: מענקים פדרליים
1. union ::
2. federal official ::
3. fed ::
federal, federalism, federalist, federalists, federalization, federalize, federalizes, federally, federals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the FEDERAL government
wouldn't let them.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Under FEDERAL asset seizure,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
...for impersonating a FEDERAL officer
just to ask questions...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
City, State, and Federal, he's spent
44 of the last 58 years inside.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
You know, the inside of our mailbox
is under FEDERAL jurisdiction,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Hebrew Dictionary: federal
Meaning and definitions of federal, translation in Hebrew language for federal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of federal in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "federal"
What federal means in Hebrew, federal meaning in Hebrew, federal definition, examples and pronunciation of federal in Hebrew language.