לְחַבֵּב, לְתַאֵר לְעַצמוֹ, לִנְטוֹתאַשְׁלָיָה, הֲזָיָה, דִמיוֹן, פְּרִי דִמיוֹן, מַאֲוָה, שִׁגָיוֹןקִשׁוּטִי, מְפוּלפָּל
Noun(1) something many people believe that is false(2) imagination or fantasy; held by Coleridge to be more casual and superficial than true imagination(3) a predisposition to like something
Verb(1) imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind(2) have a fancy or particular liking or desire for
Adjective(1) not plain; decorative or ornamented
(1) Few pundits could resist comparing high dotcom stock prices to the historic craze for fancy flowers.(2) I fancy a stiff drink this lunchtime to steady my nerves!(3) The BCS trophies are pretty elaborate and fancy looking, while the plaque you get for winning the Mountain West conference is just okay.(4) Synge could have done with an editor to shorten some of his flights of fancy .(5) Crowds of people were already there, all wearing fancy dresses and expensive looking suits.(6) He considers my idea of priesthood just a fancy .(7) She talked so much about birth, that, for a moment, I half fancied and with pain - but, what an idle fancy to suppose that she could think or care what mine was!(8) I know you want me to have this big fancy wedding with six hundred people but I don't want that.(9) If you fancy a quick getaway there may be some space available in her Patrick's Day special, which gets underway on Tuesday next March 15.(10) To my mind running a decent railway has little to do with fancy technology and everything to do with system.(11) So, if you fancy a night on the tiles with the added bonus of contributing to a very worthy cause, get your dancing shoes on and head for the Heritage on Friday November 12.(12) Well, consider how much you've invested in a fancy theater system with a big-screen television and high-fidelity speakers.(13) Now the reason we decided to get married was not for the big fancy wedding reception or for the ring or for the presents.(14) On the right were two magnificent French doors with fancy windows on decorating the wall.(15) On the less serious side, outrageously expensive afternoon teas in fancy hotel become de rigueur.(16) The wise man, however, spoke of love, not a passing fancy .
(1) fancy dress :: שמלה מפוארת
(2) fancy restaurant :: מסעדה מפוארת
(3) fancy man :: גבר מהודר
(4) fancy woman :: אישה מהודרת
(5) fancy girl :: ילדה מפוארת
(6) fancy footwork :: עבודת רגליים מפוארות
(7) flight of fancy :: שיגיון
(8) fancy pattern :: דפוס מפואר
(9) fancy women :: אשה מגונדרת
1. elaborate ::
2. liking ::
3. illusion ::
4. fondness ::
5. think ::
6. take to ::
7. figure ::
fancies, fancily, fancy, fancying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...can't date a girl
without a FANCY college degree.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
That FANCY phone of yours,
where does it say this is exactly?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
planned on getting married
in a big FANCY wedding,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
You're right. And I'm sure Sheldon
will get a FANCY parking spot again...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
Didn't they teach you that
at FANCY lad school?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
English to Hebrew Dictionary: fancy
Meaning and definitions of fancy, translation in Hebrew language for fancy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fancy in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fancy"
What fancy means in Hebrew, fancy meaning in Hebrew, fancy definition, examples and pronunciation of fancy in Hebrew language.