חוֹבָה, מַס, תַפְקִיד, מֶכֶס, הִתחַיְבוּת, מְשִׁימָה, מִשׁמָרָה, מִשׁמֶרֶת, תְעוּדָה, מִצוָה
Noun(1) the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force(2) work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons(3) a government tax on imports or exports
(1) Patients will have to call the surgery after 8.30 am and leave a contact number as well as a time when the duty nurse can call to discuss the problem.(2) As hospital conditions gradually improved, more wealthy patients choose to go to hospitals for care instead of using a private duty nurse.(3) The excise duty on alcohol is unique among the trade taxes that she and her department oversees as it hits the consumer and the Irish wine industry.(4) Under the terms of the legislation, horse and greyhound racing are guaranteed income from excise duty on off-course betting.(5) But last week travellers set up their homes on the site while the duty guard left his post to take a break for lunch.(6) Calls from the police station will be handled by duty lawyers, who have volunteered to join the scheme, at their homes.(7) a fifteen-minute duty visit(8) a 6 percent duty on imports(9) Unless one believes that there is an absolute obligation to obey every law, moral duty and legal duty will sometimes come into conflict.(10) goods subject to excise duty(11) The excise duty on tobacco has risen by 23 percent.(12) All male citizens serve compulsory periods of military duty between the ages of twenty and fifty.(13) On this Veterans Day, about 180,000 members of the National Guard and reserves are serving on active military duty .(14) As the telephonist has classified the call as urgent another duty doctor telephones the patient back within three minutes, in order to determine the seriousness of the situation.(15) It is also bound to highlight the differences in prices caused by the different rates of VAT and excise duty on different goods.(16) She is private duty nurse with New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Centre, in Manhattan.
(1) on duty :: בתפקיד
(2) duty cycle :: מחזור העבודה
(3) off duty :: לא בתפקיד
(4) duty-free :: פטור ממכס
(5) call of duty :: תחושת שליחות
(6) stamp duty :: מס בולים
(7) customs duty :: מכס
(8) jury duty :: חובת המושבעים
(9) duty of care :: חובת הזהירות
1. responsibility ::
2. job ::
3. tax ::
4. obligation ::
5. tariff ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Even if he does, Sansa will do her DUTY.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
I'm performing my sworn DUTY
as Hand of the King.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
Your DUTY lies here now.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
Right, games. They took "Halo 1," "Halo 2,"
"Halo 3," "Call of Duty 1," "Call of Duty 2"...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Ser Boros is on DUTY tonight.
Tomorrow I believe...
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
English to Hebrew Dictionary: duty
Meaning and definitions of duty, translation in Hebrew language for duty with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of duty in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "duty"
What duty means in Hebrew, duty meaning
in Hebrew, duty definition, examples and pronunciation
of duty in Hebrew language.