לְהִשְׁתַעֵל, לְכַעֲכֵּעַ, לִגנוֹחַ, לְהוֹדוֹת בִּפֶשַׁעשִׁעוּל, הִשׁתָעֲלוּת, גְנִיחָה
Noun(1) a sudden noisy expulsion of air from the lungs that clears the air passages; a common symptom of upper respiratory infection or bronchitis or pneumonia or tuberculosis
Verb(1) exhale abruptly, as when one has a chest cold or congestion
(1) he tried to hide the sob under a false cough but the sound was just a slight wheezing noise.(2) The sake went down the wrong pipe, and I hacked a cough .(3) After several agonizing minutes of waiting for the engine to cough and die, I spotted a sign for a fishing camp, which had gasoline.(4) I still have a bad cough as my body rids itself of sickness, but my head feels good.(5) The audience responded with held breath and complete involvement: not a cough , not a sigh, not a sound, until the final moment when applause burst like a storm.(6) he looked feverish and had a bad cough(7) A full set of case notes was found for 58 patients who had X-rays requested because of chest symptoms such as a cough or breathlessness.(8) He made a strange sound, half a cough and half a choke, then he just dissolved.(9) The person develops a bad cough to get rid of the mucus.(10) A discreet cough at the door alerted them to the presence of a servant.(11) Other languages have different ways of mimicking the sound of a cough .(12) Your child's doctor will determine how to treat your child based in part on what the cough sounds like.(13) You will cough and the inner tubes of your lungs will ache.(14) It stopped the panic attacks, but the cough has gotten worse.(15) The sound of a loud cough startled the two, and they looked up to see Jay standing in his parking space near them.(16) My baby has a bad cough and throws up after feeding.
(1) cough drop :: טיפת שיעול
(2) cough drops :: סוכריות נגד שיעול
(3) whooping cough :: שַׁעֶלֶת
(4) cough syrup :: סירופ נגד שיעול
(5) to cough :: להשתעל
(6) cough up :: להשתעל
(7) cough medicine :: תרופה נגד שיעול
(8) dry cough :: שיעול יבש
(9) hacking cough :: שִׁעוּל יָבֵשׁ וְקַטוּעַ
(10) cough mixture :: תערובת שיעול
1. hack ::
2. bark ::
3. hack ::
4. hawk ::
5. bark ::
6. clear one's throat ::
גרונו של אחד ברור
7. hem ::
cough, coughed, coughing, coughs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Recognize your COUGH.
Take that mask off,
you know. Get some air.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
I did have a COUGH drop,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
Now, that COUGH is the other thing
we need to discuss.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
It's usually not serious,
but it can produce a COUGH like that.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
I believe it's time for me
to turn my head and COUGH.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
English to Hebrew Dictionary: cough
Meaning and definitions of cough, translation in Hebrew language for cough with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of cough in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "cough"
What cough means in Hebrew, cough meaning
in Hebrew, cough definition, examples and pronunciation
of cough in Hebrew language.