פְּרָס, מַעֲנָק, אוֹת הִצְטַיִנוּת, עֶנֶק, פְּסַק דִיןלְהַעֲנִיק, לִפְסוֹק
Noun(1) a grant made by a law court(2) a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction(3) something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery
Verb(1) give, especially as an honor or reward(2) give as judged due or on the basis of merit
(1) It would be a just exercise of discretion to award them compensation for the sites acquired.(2) The bailout bill limits the amount of damages the victims can collect, by forbidding any award of punitive damages against the airlines.(3) But that was the substratum for the judge's award of damages.(4) Vote for your favourite in the comments below and we'll award them a special TSSH prize next week.(5) He proposed using the two available prizes to award them both.(6) Airport bosses have lobbied the Government to award Waterford a public service obligation contract so it could obtain more Government aid.(7) the company's annual award for high-quality service(8) He says that if he wins, all money from punitive damages and any award for breach of academic freedom will go into a trust fund for academic freedom.(9) I do not accept that the evidence in this case warrants continuing an award of compensatory support.(10) And, that if somebody gets injured and it is their own fault, even if they manage to convince a lawyer to act for them, the Court will not award them compensation.(11) A judge's award of general damages is not intrinsically better than a jury's.(12) an award ceremony(13) The court also set aside the tribunal's award of damages.(14) We are not told how this action is being funded, or who is to benefit and to what extent from any award of damages.(15) Members of the playing field association met last night to discuss which of three consultants to award the Ôö¼├║25,000 contract to carry out the feasibility study.(16) The amount of the scholarship award will be determined on the basis of available funds and the financial need of the participant.
(1) award ceremony :: טקס פרסים
(2) award winner :: הזוכה בפרס
(3) award of contract :: פרס של חוזה
(4) award money :: כסף פרס
(5) award-winning :: עטורת פרסים
(6) arbitral award :: פסק בוררות
(7) academic award :: פרס אקדמי
(8) arbitration award :: פסק בוררות
(9) in award :: פרס
(10) award a prize :: להעניק פרס
1. prize ::
2. payment ::
3. grant ::
6. give ::
7. grant ::
8. present ::
award, awarded, awarding, awards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Kids' Choice Award?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
...he is also the youngest recipient
of the prestigious Stevenson Award.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
and I will not
be part of an AWARD
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
It's so nice both of your moms are
coming in to see you guys get an AWARD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
and your AWARD is well-deserved.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
English to Hebrew Dictionary: award
Meaning and definitions of award, translation in Hebrew language for award with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of award in Hebrew and in English language.
Tags for the entry "award"
What award means in Hebrew, award meaning in Hebrew, award definition, examples and pronunciation of award in Hebrew language.