הֶעְדֵר, הֵעָדְרוּת, נִפקָדוּת, אֲפִיסָה, הֶפסֵד, חִסוּר, אִי נוֹכֶחוּת
Noun(1) the state of being absent(2) failure to be present(3) the time interval during which something or somebody is away(4) the occurrence of an abrupt, transient loss or impairment of consciousness (which is not subsequently remembered
(1) The jury was sent home until Monday after being told legal submissions will be made in their absence today.(2) Downsizing produced an increased risk of sickness absence , in line with earlier findings.(3) Whether this was discussed or not in his absence , was unclear till late in the evening.(4) she found his total absence of facial expression disconcerting(5) Almost half were with their parents, who made some excuses for their absence .(6) the letter had arrived during his absence(7) Some of them had not been seen for months, if not years, and one in ten staff was unavailable because of absence .(8) Yet in a play that explores spiritual emptiness, the sense of absence is strangely appropriate.(9) In my father's absence he likes to visit my mother, most of the time for no reason.(10) she noted the absence of any reference to the case(11) He later admitted in a press conference yesterday that his absence was intentional.(12) That night she climbed into bed just as conscious of Will's absence now as she had been the night after he died.(13) I supervised the rehearsal in the absence of the director(14) He explains his absence from school by saying he is on a part-time timetable.(15) Why is it that we can only appreciate what we have when we experience its absence ?(16) He has undoubtedly made up for that absence and has drawn warm praise from his manager and admiration from the fans.
(1) leave of absence :: חופשה ללא תשלום
(2) in the absence of :: בהעדר
(3) in the absence :: בהיעדר
(4) absence of :: היעדר של
(5) in absence :: בהיעדרו
(6) presence or absence :: נוכחותו או היעדרו
(7) absence from work :: היעדרות מעבודה
1. nonattendance ::
2. lack ::
3. absence seizure ::
1. presence ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The King chose you
to rule in his ABSENCE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
Our Uncle Euron returned home
after a long ABSENCE.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
the ABSENCE of my friends
does not cause me pain.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
the consequences of her ABSENCE
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
In Stark's ABSENCE,
Rouse Bolton holds Harrenhal,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
English to Hebrew Dictionary: absence
Meaning and definitions of absence, translation in Hebrew language for absence with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of absence in Hebrew and in English
Tags for the entry "absence"
What absence means in Hebrew, absence meaning
in Hebrew, absence definition, examples and pronunciation
of absence in Hebrew language.